Hey there and happy Tuesday! You know what Tuesdays call for? A new recipe! 😀
I don’t know about you, but every morning I have to have my oatmeal (with a side of coffee). I love waking up, gathering all of the ingredients, and creating my concoction. I for one go to bed excited to wake up to eat my oatmeal. If that isn’t a major foodies lover ordeal, then I don’t know what is.
Don’t you just love enjoying a big warm breakfast a cool, crisp morning? Fumbling around in your robe (stomach making noises that don’t even seem human) and then finally being able to sit down with a big bowl of warm oatmeal right in front of you. In the oatmeal, you know there is a combination of freshly diced cool apple chunks contrasting with the warm egg white filled oats. Mixed with the creaminess of the almond milk and melting cottage cheese. Flavored with a dash of cinnamon and topped with an ever so gracious spoonful of creamy succulent peanut butter. Mouthwatering.
I admit, I play favorites when it comes to oatmeal combinations, but when you taste this, you’ll know exactly why.
Warm Apple Pie Eggy Oats
- 2/3 cup Oats
- 4/3 cup Water
- 6 tbsp Liquid Egg Whites
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 Apple
- 1 spoonful of Peanut Butter
*Measurements can be altered.
1. Place oats and water into a bowl.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes. While the oats are in the microwave, dice up the apple into small chunks.
3. When the microwave goes off, take out the oats and stir in the egg whites. Place back in the microwave and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each set, until your desired texture.
4. Mix the oats once more, top with the cinnamon, almond milk, and cottage cheese. Mix that all together.
5. Add in the apple chunks and mix once again.
6. Top with the spoonful of peanut butter (Mixing in is optional).
7. Enjoy. 😉
I hope everyone has/is having an amazing day. ❤
-What are your morning staples?
-What do you like to top your oatmeal with?
-Do you drink coffee every morning?
Connect with me!
Instagram -> @myhealthlyjourney
Twitter -> @xolovenatalie
Pinterest -> @xolovenatalie
E-mail -> email@example.com