Sweetness from the strawberry jam and melted banana. Creaminess from the melting peanut butter. A bit of a crunch from the chia seeds. Protein packed. Full of volume. A childhood classic.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Melted Banana Oatmeal
When I think back to my childhood, I always remember my mom packing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich everyday with a banana on the side. My mom always cut my sandwiches up into four squares and remove the crust (I used to never be a fan). Today, it always takes me back when I have the combination of pb & j. Ahh, the good ‘ol days.
This oatmeal is full of volume, protein, and flavor. Every bite will not disappoint. I find it comforting eating this in the morning with a side of coffee. Always thinking back to the cartoons I watched while eating a sandwich, the play dates where pb & j was the main course of the tea party, and how I always could count on my mom for putting the right amount of each ingredient to satisfy my hunger.
PB & J Melted Banana Oatmeal
2/3 cup oats
4/3 cup water
6 tbsp egg whites (optional)
1/4 cup cottage cheese (optional)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1-2 tbsp strawberry jelly
1/2 (or whole) FROZEN banana (sliced)
1-2 tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
1. Measure out oats and place in bowl. Top with water.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Add in egg whites. Microwave in 30 second increments. Stir each time, so they don’t overflow.
4. Once at consistency you like, add in the banana slices and mix in. Microwave in 20 second increments. Stir in between rounds.
5. Remove from the microwave and mix in the cottage cheese. After mixed in thoroughly, add the chia seeds.
6. Top with blueberries, strawberry jam, and peanut butter.
7. Enjoy. 😀
*Ingredients optional but recommended. 😉
*Banana must be frozen.
I hope you have an amazing day. ❤
-What food makes you think of your childhood?
-What’s your favorite classic combo?
-What recipes do you like that includes these ingredients?
Connect with me!
Instagram -> @myhealthlyjourney
Twitter -> @xolovenatalie
Pinterest -> @xolovenatalie
E-mail -> firstname.lastname@example.org