Can I just start out by saying that I have been loving this weekend primarily because I have been involving it around reading? Ever since Arman’s S.I.S post on books, my passion for reading has sparked and is increasing by the day! I have already accomplished reading two books. In one weekend? That’s pretty accomplishing for me! I’ve been choosing to do what makes me happy and that helps me stress less. Que the reading. I just love getting lost in books. I always get so emotionally attached.. I may or may not have been stay up until the wee hours of the morning (unintentionally..) lost within the words. Any who.. it’s time to switch over to the topic of fat. No, not the type that is bashed by the media, but food. Food is one of my favorite topics, so thank you Arman for focusing this post around it.
Oh, ya know.. Trying to be cute.
1. What is your favourite fat source?
– I am indecisive between peanut butter or avocados. I have to have my daily servingS (yes, I emphasize multiple servings) of peanut butter, because I crave it in the morning and at night. On the other hand, I love the creaminess and texture of avocados. I have been adding avocado to my wraps and it just takes the taste to a whole new level! Can I get a free-bee and name two? 😀
2. What is your favourite nut? What is your favourite nut butter?
-I pretty much just answered the second part to this question above. My favorite type of nut lately has been almonds. I think it’s because of the trail mix I have showed in previous WIAW posts. I have been picking at the almonds and my mouth has been in bliss. Don’t get me wrong, I love almond butter, but peanut butter just has that more dominate taste that really amps up the flavors in my oats.
3. What fat is receives unfair flack? What fat is most overrated?
4. Link up a favourite recipe embracing fats (it can be your own or another bloggers!)
5. What is YOUR perception of this macronutrient?
-I used to fear fat, because I believed the myth that “Fats make you fat.” It got to the point where I didn’t eat peanut butter for 2 years. WHAT. Oh how naive I was.. I think my servingS are making up for the lost years. Right? 😉
Don’t fear fats. They are good for you!
6. What benefits do FATS play in YOUR personal eating habits?
Recovery & Knowledge: They go hand in hand. The more I researched, the better I found it helped my recovery and how beneficial it was for my health and body.
Happiness: I now don’t fear the delicious fats in nuts, nut butters, avocados, meats, seafood, yolks, etc.
Balance: Knowing I can now have fat and incorporating it into my meals for more satisfaction.
Expansion: Expanding my taste palette. Opening up to new recipes. Trying new flavors. 😀
I hope you have an amazing day! ❤
-What’s your favorite fat?
-What’s your favorite nut butter?
-What is your favorite recipe with fats?
Connect with me!
Instagram -> @myhealthlyjourney
Twitter -> @xolovenatalie
Pinterest -> @xolovenatalie
E-mail -> firstname.lastname@example.org