Hey there! It’s finally Thursday! 😀 This week has been inching along slowly. I think it’s the effect of transitioning from break back to school. Oh how I am counting the days until Summer. 42 to be exact. I guess you can say I’m excited. Today, I am linking up with my fellow Carb Queen, Amanda, to share what’s been going on in this girl’s mind.
1. I want to start off by thanking you guys for your sweet comments on yesterday’s post. I just don’t know what it is, but I have just been looking big. I look in the mirror and just sigh. I think my mind is acting like this is because of the recent put on of stress. School started up again and so did the work load. I know these thoughts are just playing tricks on my mind, but it just gets to me sometimes. Ya know? Instead of dwelling on it, I do take action. Instead of focusing on le “problem areas,” I shift my focus towards what makes me happy. Smiling actual does put me in a better mood. Also, Happy never seems to fail to make me smile. I mean come on, who wouldn’t be happy while listening to it? 😉
2. I have heard the song #Selfie one time too many. I hear it EVERYWHERE; on the radio, on the tv, at school, in the store. It’s everywhere! It’s like the new version of Call Me Maybe. Amiright? On the upside of this, I love the beat that goes along with it. Another up? It will be a great resource to look back on to the study the culture of 2014.
3. The weather has been so bipolar in Arizona lately. The mornings are cold, the afternoons are a heat wave, the evenings are a tones down heat wave. I kid you not, I have the most epic tan lines from my shirts, shorts, and shoes. Hello tan on the outside, yet pale as a ghost on the inside. -____- We did have a rare occasion of a marvelous windy day. It weather was perfection. Fingers crossed that happens again soon!
4. In art class, we are now making masks. The word excited cannot even sum up to my joy. If you didn’t know already, I have a really big creative side to me. I love to draw, paint, sculpt.. you name it! I have this really feminine Mardi Gras theme going on. I was originally going to do a Day of the Dead mask, but I decided to shift to a more creative route. I’ve finished up the sketching and forming the mold of the mask. Now, I have to cute out the extensions and plaster, connect them, and then paint. I can’t wait to see how it comes out!
5. I don’t know if I have mentioned this before, but I have recently been doing yoga at home. I have been going on Youtube and finding different videos to try out. I’m surprised on how flexible I actually am. I didn’t realize how difficult some of the moves were though.. A lot of wobbling, a lot off off key breaths, a lot of “How the heck am I going to do that?!” kinda talk. You get the picture. I love how it challenges my body and how relaxed and happy I feel afterwards. It really does bring me to a state of peacefulness. After the move, I am hoping to join in on some group classes. I would love that! I really want to try hot yoga like I’ve been hearing about from Heather.
6. On Tuesday night, I had a breakdown. I had a breakdown for so many reasons.. stress, moving, college, my health, the bad news, feeling lost, just everything. It was then and there that I had about a 30 minute talk with God. I was so lost and I actually felt like something was weighing down my heart. I let everything out. In the best words I can, I have the describe the feeling as feeling free. I felt like the chains on my heart were unlocked and I could breathe properly again. I felt as if he was there with me letting me know that everything is alright and that there is a plan for me. I am so caught up in all of the stresses that I just need to work on myself more dominatly. I always push on the stresses first and forget to really think about myself. That needs to change, PRONTO.
7. I decided that I am going to get a tattoo of a Bible scripture. I am going to look more into it. I want it to be the perfect one. I also want one that symbolizes my strength through all I have been through and overcome. They are meaningful to me, so I know that they will be worth it.
8. This week at school, they have been really focusing on issues in the world that needs more attention; eating disorders, abuse, cancer, etc. Tomorrow, they are having a lighting ceremony with candles and lanterns in recognition of the ones who have faced it. I was surprised to hear that a few of my friends actually wrote my name down for some candles. I have faced two of the issues above. I faced both the eating disorder and self-abuse. I won’t go into detail about that, but it both gave me a feeling of anxiety yet appreciation for that. I can’t wait to go to the event.
9. I really want to know, what makes you happy? I really want to get to know the people that read my blog. I appreciate all of you that do. I really do. I want to talk with you, get to know you, and become good friends.
10. I hope you have an amazing day. You deserve it. ❤
-What’s your favorite song recently?
-What’s the weather like in your region?
-Anyone else like yoga out there?
-Tell me about yourself. I want to get to know you. 🙂
Connect with me!
Instagram -> @myhealthlyjourney
Twitter -> @xolovenatalie
Pinterest -> @xolovenatalie
E-mail -> firstname.lastname@example.org