It’s been quite some time since I have posted a recipe. The last one I think I posted was either an oatmeal recipe or a healthy chicken alfredo recipe.. Man, that takes me back to a few months ago. A few days ago, my mom asked me if I would whip up some of the special cookies I usually make around the fall and winter time. Que the oatmeal pumpkin chocolate chip cookie goodness.
Full of flavor, all healthy ingredients, made with a lot of love, and enjoyed by all.. These cookies are just a must to be made. They’re good fresh and frozen. They are the right amount of fluffy. They are the right amount of goodness. The batch does make quite a few, so there will be plenty to share ( If you don’t eat them all yourself. 😉 ).
It took me some time to perfect this recipe, but with trial and error comes learning. It’s not over whelming with a pumpkin flavor. It’s a sweet treat that you will enjoy. Plus, the chocolate chips join all the flavors together. Chocolate does that, ya know? You can enjoy it as a snack, dessert, with milk, with coffee, pretty much with anything.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 large eggs
- 11/2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Mix together the oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
2. In another bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla extract.
3. Mix together the dry and wet ingredients.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Bake in the over at 350 F for 15 minutes.
6. Cool and enjoy. 😉
-What’s your favorite type of cookie?
Connect with me!
Instagram -> @myhealthlyjourney
Twitter -> @xolovenatalie
Pinterest -> @xolovenatalie
E-mail -> email@example.com