Good morning/afternoon/evening! ❤
Over the course of the past few months, my love for beauty products have grown exponentially. For years I have watched probably over 1000 make-up tutorials, and my biggest inspiration has always been Michelle Phan. Seeing her grown as both a YouTuber and business women, it has given me that boost to finally venture on beyond mascara and eye liner to a full range of beauty products. I love expressing myself with different looks with different color pallets every day! Beauty products are something I invest in, because it is a major thing that makes me happy.
A few months ago, I learned that I could get boxes each month with beauty products to try out, and eventually buy if I like them that much! I get monthly boxes from Ipsy and BoxyCharm. For Ipsy, it costs $10/month for 4-5 travel/sample size products that match you answers on a survey that you take upon joining as a member. These products can be up to over $50. As for BoxyCharm, you receive 5-6 full size products for $21/month. They are not based on a survey, but the total of all of the products are up to over $100 in value.
I have tested out all of these products, and I want to share my experience and opinion of all them with you!
- Jessica Liebeskind Vintage lip gloss
- The color is beautiful on this product. Although I was not a big fan of the brush to apply the lip gloss, it did give me a sheen that could not be outmatched. It in a color I would put over a pink lipstick, because it does look a bit tacky on plain lips.
- Margaret Dabbs London nail filer
- I didn’t understand what the product was at first until I looked it up. I found that there are fine crystals that make up the file for a clean cut file. The file did not apply much force, and it did its job. I was very happy with the end result. My nails turned out smooth and had no sharp edges.
- Trust Fund Beauty nail polish in “I’m Kind of a Big Deal”
- When it comes to nail polish, I have a hard time finding a polish that that covers the area with thick coats. This nail polish came out thick, but not in a bad way. It provided a full covered, and there were no streak marks when applying an over coat. Plus, the color is super cute! 😀
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
- I’m still iffy about this product. Although it acts as a good primer, it leaves my hands feeling oily for a few washes. I like to stick to a lotiony primer, because it feels like it applies more coverage. The oil is lightweight, and it does a good job, but I can’t really get past the oiliness.
- Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment
- I typically stick to tightly compacted pallet eye shadows, because they lack fallout, but this pigment was beautiful when blended with other eye shadows. As you could guess, this eye shadow is very pigmented. I thought it would be a but much with my fair skin, but it complimented both my blue eyes and red hair. There is a shimmer to it, and the sunlight really captures that. I would highly recommend it!
- Spongelle You Have My Heart on a String
- This body brush is great at exfoliating the skin! My skin felt a whole lot softer after using it the first time. The downside to it is the smell when it gets wet. It has a similar smell to Nair, and that smell makes me sick. I can get past that, because it is a great exfoliater, and my conditioner can out-smell it any day! 😉
- Beauty for Real Blush – Glow Stick
- My skin is very fair, so both the blush and illuminator showed up very clearly on my cheeks. The blush gave my cheeks a subtle natural rosy look (which I adore), and the illuminator (paired with my BH Cosmestics Carli Bybel highlighter) gave my face a dewy finish. I am all about that glow! 😀
- Shray Ms. Amazing Facial Mask
- The mask was very cold upon putting it on my face, and when I rubbed it in. It was a but painful at first (I’m a baby with the cold), but it started to feel very soothing once I let it settle. After taking off the mask, it left behind a thicker moisture to rub in. I noticed that my face felt softer and cleaner than usual in the morning!
- Ofra Banana Powder Gadget
- I used this powder as a powder foundation instead of an eye shadow. It complimented my foundation and helped oxidize to a more natural shade. The powder actually helped tone down the redness in my face, and there was no oiliness or smearing at the end of the day.
- Freeze 24/7 Anti-Aging Eye Serum
- I’ve only used the serum for the past few days, and I haven’t noticed that much of a difference. My bags haven’t been so badly lately, so I hope that it is helping with that. I don’t have any wrinkles or crows feet from using make-up, but I hope that this serum will help to keep it that way!
- RealTree for Her
- I don’t wear perfume that often, but I do enjoy putting it on before school! It has a sweetier more flowery smell. It is a more intense smell after two sprits, but it is lovely. I would recommend it to perfume enthusiests. 🙂
Overall, I was impressed with all of the products. They had their pros and cons, but I cannot wait to see what I receive next month to review!
-Do you try monthly sample boxes?
-What are some of your favorite beauty products?
-Did any of these products capture your interest?
-What is something you did over the weekend?
Instagram -> @hunnny.buns
Twitter -> @Hunnnybuns_
Facebook -> /nataliexdarling
Tumblr -> hunnnybuns