Hello and happy Tuesday! It was nice having a much needed three day weekend, but now it is back to school and back to the routine. I’ve had some time to experiment in the kitchen, and I made a winner; a Chicken Frittata Loaf. Yumm. 🙂
I didn’t quite know what I was going to make when in the kitchen, but I was craving veggies and chicken. So typical of me. 😀
The loaf is quite delicious and full of flavor. It’ll get your taste buds dancing. The vegetables are baked to the point of where the flavor of the spices are soaked in. This loaf is full of nutrients and protein! One loaf is also very friendly to the ones counting calories or macros. It is a meal and it leaves you feeling satisfied!
This recipe is for one loaf. (I personally ate it all to myself. 😉 )
Chicken Frittata Loaf
- 80 grams of grilled chicken (finely chopped) – 2.8 ounces
- 1 egg
- 20 grams of white onion (finely chopped)
- 40 grams of broccoli (finely chopped)
- 60 grams of carrots (finely chopped)
- 10 grams of oats
- 10 grams of cottage cheese (I used fat free.)
- 7 grams of cheese
- Dried herbs: chili powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F/180 C.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 egg and the cottage cheese until combined thoroughly. Add in the spices and mix together.
- Mix in the oats next.
- Add in the onion, broccoli, carrot, and the grilled chicken. Mix together. *The wet ingredients will coat the vegetables and chicken.
- Spray a loaf pan and then pour in the mixture evenly. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool and enjoy. 😀
Nutrition Information: 256 calories, 9 grams fat/13 grams carbs/26 grams protein/3 grams fiber.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have an amazing day!
-What recipes are you loving?
-Do you ever just crave chicken and vegetables?
-What’s your favorite meal?